Whether you are having a wedding, a birthday party or any celebration, you need to get a professional photographer. But how do you know a professional photographer?
In this post, I will give five questions to ask a photographer before you hire him.
- Do you have a backup photographer? If the photographer says NO, think twice before you hire that photographer. Anything can happen that could cause a delay on your big day. But if the photographer has a backup photographer, unnecessary delay can be avoided. That is why it is very necessary to ask if the photographer you want to hire has a backup photographer, if he doesn’t, think twice.
- Are you insured? If he says NO, there is no need to ask any further question. Just get another photographer. Before you try reasoning with the uninsured photographer, what if the photographer mistakenly trips, broke his camera and then injured himself? You need to make sure the photographer is insured, to avoid unnecessary troubles.
- How many events like mine do you photograph in a year? It is better to hire someone with wide experience with your type of event. For example, if you are having a wedding party, you have to be sure that the photographer is very experienced in the job. And why is that? If you hire an amateur, he/she might become so anxious or frustrated when dealing with people’s fluctuating emotions. Not only that, but they might also get caught at the moment instead of capturing it on camera. You need to hire a professional photographer for your big days, so you won’t end up regretting when you see the photos.
- What does your fee include and what is the delivery timeline? Before you hire any photographer, you must understand what you are paying for: how many images, how much time, the format for delivering proofs, album types, and what is included in your package. You should also ask him about the editing and delivery timeline. Ask questions!
- Do you require a written contract? You should make sure that the photographer requires a written contract. A contract protects you and the photographer in case of any troubles. Especially when you are having a large event like wedding events. The contract should spell out the expectation of you and your photographer so that there won’t be any misunderstandings.
photography website coming soon ?? pic.twitter.com/5VFd320hKR
— ??katiana?? (@katiana_renee1) 19 de agosto de 2017